CODES OF WORKING PRACTICE
Primavera Landcare Limited
Primavera Landcare Limited is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing a work environment of equal opportunity, free from all forms of discrimination and harassment.
Abusive, harassing or offensive conduct against any member of staff by any co- worker or client representative is unacceptable whether verbal, physical or visual.
Members of staff are encouraged to report harassment of any form when it occurs.
Primavera Landcare Limited is committed to waste reduction and promotes sustainability in all its operations. How this may be achieved is outlined more fully in our Environmental Policy. Compliance with all relevant environmental and ethical codes and standards is a priority.
Code of Conduct
Primavera Landcare Limited is committed to the following:
- Maintenance of clean working sites.
- Professional and courteous approach when dealing with clients.
- Safe working practices.
- Adherence to time and noise restrictions at client sites.
For further information concerning the above working practices please contact John Brown.
Primavera landcare Ltd is a small grounds maintenance firm providing its clients with a personal, responsive and high quality service. As a business working in the environmental sector, we are fully committed to minimising the impact of our activities on the environment.
HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
Our statement of general policy is:
- to provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities
- to consult with employees on matters affecting their health and safety
- to provide and maintain safe plant and equipment
- to ensure safe handling and use of substances
- to provide information, instruction and supervision for employees
- to prevent accidents and cases of work- related ill health
- to maintain safe and healthy working conditions , and to review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals
Risk assessments and health and safety policy’s will be available to our clients upon request.
PRIMAVERA TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Acceptance of this estimate/tender includes acceptance of the following terms and conditions of trading.
- Period of Estimates/Tenders
Estimates/Tenders remain valid for 30 days from date of issue. Thereafter, we reserve the right to withdraw or adjust subject to confirmation.
- Basis of Estimates/Tenders
- The works are carried out during normal hours Monday to Friday unless stated to the contrary
- Variations or additional works shall be charged on a time and material basis. We require a written confirmation of those extra works prior to the work being carried out, unless this does not prove practicable, in which case, as soon as possible.
- The basis of tender is on a fixed price unless expressly agreed to the contrary.
- Where a contract exceeds a period of six months from acceptance of tender, we reserve the right to reflect increase costs.
We will endeavour to carry out the work within a time scale specified, subject always to weather conditions, or if not stipulated, within a reasonable time. We do not accept responsibility for consequential loss or damage arising out of delays outside our reasonable control.
- Terms of Payment
- Payment is required either within 30 days of invoicing and/or completion of works.
- For contracts less than 4 weeks duration- payment in full is required upon completion. Materials maybe invoiced for prior to completion of works.
- Interest will be charged at 8% above base rate for any late payment of invoice. Any fees incurred will be added to the invoice.
- Consequential Loss
Without prejudice to the customer’s statutory right, the Contractor will pass to the customer the benefits of any guarantees the Contractor has received in respect of materials supplied by the Contractor and undertakes to repair or, if necessary, replace free of charge any materials or work found to be defective if the defect is due to faulty workmanship by the contractor, his servants or agents and is brought to his attention within 12 months of the completion of the work, provided nevertheless that:
- The Contractor’s responsibility to the Customer is limited to the fulfillment of the contract in a proper and workmanlike manner and the Contractor shall not be liable for any consequential loss or damage arising.
- The Contractor shall not be liable for any wear and tear, loss and damage, direct or indirect, nor for any extra work entailed due to the apparatus being put into operation by the Customer or by the Contractor, his servants, or agents at the Customers request before it is handed over for beneficial use.
- The repair or replacement of any faulty work or materials shall only be carried out by the contractor, his servants or agents, otherwise the Contractor’s warranties as to repairs or replacements shall not apply and no extra charge shall be accepted.
- The Contractor will take reasonable care but accepts no liability for damage to fencing, paving or fittings which may have to be moved by the Contractor or his workmen in order to carry out the contract works. Without prejudice to this the Contractor will maintain adequate Public Liability Insurance cover for at least the duration of the Contract.
“Since Primavera took over the maintenance of the village, it has been transformed. John is reliable, and communicates well when necessary, but will take the initiative when appropriate. His invoices are itemised and fair. He has a deep and sensitive knowledge of horticulture and keeps on top of things after years of neglect and patchy work. I thoroughly recommend his work.”
Rosemary Trent, Bury Parish Council